EVENTS WITH BISHOP NOONAN
• Red Mass: Thursday, Nov. 4, 12:10 p.m., St. James Cathedral, 215 N. Orange Ave., Orlando. Join Bishop John Noonan and the Catholic Lawyers Guild of Central Florida in the Red Mass. Pray for members of the judiciary including judges, attorneys, and all members of the legal profession. Call 407-422-2005. Parking available at the Jefferson Street garage. Tickets will be validated after Mass. Arrive early.
• 40 Days for Life: Sept. 22 – Oct. 31. Help save lives by praying for an end to abortion in your community. To find a location near you, go to: https://www.40daysforlife.com/en/
• Construction Mission: Oct. 23-30. Help build homes in our sister Diocese of San Juan de la Maguana in Dominican Republic. Mission Office, 407-246-4890 or email Zwamy Parra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Answer the Call Discipleship Retreat: Saturday, Oct. 23, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., St. John Neumann Parish, 501 E. Carter Rd., Lakeland. Catechists, ministers, and lay faithful of our parishes, come and encounter Christ. Answer the Call discipleship retreats lead participants to the heart of the Gospel. Ponder anew the invitation of Christ to follow Him and make disciples of all nations. $15, register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2021-2022-answer-the-call-discipleship-retreats-tickets-156558277021
• Virtual Soup Bowl Supper: Saturday, Oct. 23, virtual. Join us for our next Pathways to Care fundraiser and help support homeless men and women, many of whom are veterans, as they recuperate from an injury or illness at Pathways to Care. This wonderful event is sure to inspire you! Learn more about Soup Bowl Supper and how you can help - call 407-388-0245.
• Go Beyond Women’s Conference: Saturday, Nov. 6, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., St. Mary Magdalen Parish, 861 Maitland Ave., Altamonte Springs. Join Sister Josephine Garrett (English), Sister Mariana De Jesus (Spanish), and Márcia Bastos Da Silva (Portuguese).
• Legacy Planning Series: Monday, Nov. 29, Dec. 6, and Dec. 13, 9:30 –10:30 a.m., All Souls Parish, 3280 W. 1st St. (S.R. 46), Sanford. Nov. 29 — Will and Estate Planning; Dec. 6 — Taxes and Estates; Dec. 13 — Catholic Funeral Rites and Leaving a Legacy of Faith. R.S.V.P. email@example.com or call 407-322-3795.
• Forming Disciples Certification Program: Saturdays – Various dates, morning, and afternoon sessions. Adult Formation opportunity for parishioners and anyone involved in ministry. To find available courses and dates in your deanery, go to Forming Disciples Certification Program – Diocese of Orlando, Florida (orlandodiocese.org) or call 407-246-4912.
• Conversando: The Secretariat for Laity, Family, & Life presents topics of interest relating to faith Mondays at 7:30 p.m. via Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/983018745501489
• Charismatic Mass: Wednesday, Oct. 18, 6:30 p.m. St. Mark the Evangelist Parish, 7081 SE Hwy. 42, Summerfield. Join others as we celebrate Charismatic Mass and pray for healing of body, mind and soul.
• Monthly Memorial Mass: Friday, October 29, 8 a.m. Liturgy of the Hours, 8:30 a.m. Mass, Mary, Mother of God Chapel, San Pedro Spiritual Development Center, 2400 Dike Rd., Winter Park. Memorial Mass includes special intercession for those who are buried in Queen of Angels Cemetery since the previous Memorial Mass and for the deceased diocesan priests and deacons remembered during that month.
• Rosary: After daily Masses Monday through Friday at 8:30 a.m. St. Jude Parish, 443 Marion Oaks Dr., Ocala. Come and experience the power of the rosary as we pray in community. 352-347-0154
• Peter Richard Conte Concert: Friday, Oct. 15, 7:30 p.m., Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe, 8300 Vineland Ave., Orlando. The Basilica welcomes Peter Richard Conte, Wanamaker Grand Court Organist. Free.
• St. Paul Panda Classic Golf Tournament: Saturday, 7 a.m. – 1 p.m., Arlington Ridge Golf Club. http://www.saintpaulschool.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/SPCS-golf2021.pdf
• Trunk or Treat Friday, Oct. 29, 5-8 p.m., St. Paul Parish, 1330 Sunshine Ave., Leesburg. Live music, trunk decorating contests, and lots of games for kids. Hosted by St. Paul Youth Ministry. http://ccstpaul.com/trunk-or-treat/
• Scott Hahn: Saturday, Oct. 30, 8:30 a.m., St. Paul Parish, 1330 Sunshine Ave., Leesburg. Go deeper in the treasure of our Catholic faith and study Scripture with one of today’s most respected Scripture scholars, Scott Hahn. Free. Registration required: https://stpaulcenter.com/leesburg/
SAN PEDRO RETREATS
The following are offered at San Pedro Spiritual Development Center at 2400 Dike Rd., Winter Park. www.sanpedrocenter.org/upcoming-events:
• Spiritual Rx for Stress: Friday, Oct. 22, 4 p.m. – Sunday, Oct. 24 (re-scheduled). Unmanaged stress can lead to crippling anxiety. Come and learn how to identify and manage stress through talks, while refueling with Mass and Eucharistic Adoration. Licensed mental health counselors will be available if desired. Commuting and on-campus options.
• Mini-golf Fundraising Event: Saturday, Nov. 6, 8 a.m. Have fun and help raise funds for San Pedro Spiritual Development Center by participating in their first ever Mini-Gold Tournament.
• Senior Day with Fr. Anthony Aarons: Thursday, Nov. 11, 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m., St. John the Apostle, Building 300. “We Remember” - Veteran’s Day is often called Remembrance Day - explore how and why we should remember. $15. Coffee and danish are served at 9:00am. The program begins at 9:30am followed by lunch. Mass ends the day! Must RSVP.
• Hermitage Retreat: Thursday, Nov. 18, 5 p.m. – Sunday, Nov. 21, 11 a.m. A silent retreat guided by Franciscan Father Vianney Cunningham and Jeanne and Tony Walter. An experience of Franciscan Hermitage deeply rooted in the Franciscan tradition. Limited to eight retreatants.
• Ascension Catholic Parish Signed Mass: Every Sunday – 9:30 -10:45 a.m. Sunday Mass signed. Ascension Parish, 2950 N. Harbor City Blvd., Melbourne. Coffee and donuts follow Mass. Kay Nowak firstname.lastname@example.org. https://www.ascensioncatholic.net/deaf-ministry.
• Ascension Catholic Parish Deaf Social: 10:45 a.m. – 2 p.m., fourth Sunday of every month except holidays, 2950 N. Harbor City Blvd., Melbourne. As long as COVID is active: Bring food, beverage, table setting for your family. Contact Kay Nowak email@example.com for more information regarding social distancing.
Separated and divorced:
• Surviving Divorce: Mondays on Zoom, 7 p.m. For all experiencing the after-effects of divorce, St. Margaret Mary Parish’s program includes online access to program videos each week to view on your own, followed by secure, confidential discussion Monday nights on Zoom with trained facilitators. Weekly schedule and confidentiality forms online at: https://stmargaretmary.org/ministries/family-matters/catholic-ministry-for-separated-and-divorced/. Register at https://stmargaretmary.org/divorce-support-group/ or call 407-645-0284.
• DivorceCare: 13 virtual sessions held Mondays, Sept. 13 – Dec. 20, 2021 / 7-8:30pm. DivorceCare is a safe place where caring people come alongside you as you find healing from the pain of separation or divorce. This 13-week, video-based support group program, offers counsel to manage the emotional turmoil and practical tools for decision-making. You may start any time during the 13-week sessions. Plan, share, and reach out to us before the event with any questions or concerns. Hosted by Holy Redeemer Parish, Kissimmee. Register at DivorceCare.org. For questions, contact: Altagracia Suarez 407-973-0097 or Holy Redeemer Parish 407-847-2500.
Mission markets need volunteers to help sort, pack, stock and distribute food.
• Agape Mission Market, Catholic Charities of Central Florida, 1771 N. Semoran Blvd., Orlando. Food distribution volunteers needed Mondays-Wednesdays-Thursdays-Fridays, 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
• Kissimmee Agape Mission Market, Holy Redeemer Parish, 1603 North Thacker Ave. -Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9-11 a.m. and 4-6 p.m.
• Winter Haven Agape Mission Market, St. Joseph Parish, 532 Ave. M, NW, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.-11 a.m.
• Rosemont Mission Market, 4300 Clarcona Ocoee Rd., Orlando. Open Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
• Lake Wales Agape Mission Market, Holy Spirit Parish, 644 S. 9th St., Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9-11 a.m. and 1-3 p.m. First and third Fridays, 5-7 p.m.
• Lakeland Agape Mission Market, St. Joseph Parish, 210 W. Lemon St., Tuesdays, 9-11 a.m.
• Clerical/administrative volunteers needed to assist with data entry, copying, filing and organization for Family Stability Program in Orlando, 1819 N. Semoran Blvd., Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Volunteer medical professionals needed at St. Thomas Free Medical Clinic in St. Cloud. Kelly.Bender@cflcc.org, Wednesday, 4-9 p.m.
• Lazarus Free Dental Clinic of St. Paul Parish in Leesburg is looking for volunteer dental professionals. If interested, contact Myrta Aviles at 352-748-4567. By appointment.
• St. Luke’s Free Medical and Dental Clinic in Eustis: Volunteer medical professionals needed at each clinic. Erin.Burley@cflcc.org. By appointment.
St. Vincent de Paul Orlando provides volunteer opportunities through its stores and food pantries for students needing volunteer hours. Apply at svdporlando.org.
Secular Order Discalced Carmelites: First Saturdays, Our Lady of the Springs, 4047 NE 21st St., Ocala. Men and Women, do you find yourself wishing and praying about ways to deepen your spiritual life? The Regina Pacis Discalced Carmelite Secular Order may help you discern. Coralia García, 352-318-2663, or an OCDS member in your parish.
Secular Franciscans of the Lady Poverty Fraternity: First Sundays, virtual meeting, 12:30-3:30 p.m. Email Mike Ruf at firstname.lastname@example.org, for a Zoom invitation.
Secular Franciscans of the Mother of the Living Gospel: First Saturdays, 10 a.m.-noon, Incarnation Parish, Royal Hall, 1515 Edgewater Dr., Orlando. Margie Sweeney, 407-973-3366; facebook.com/MotheroftheLivingGospel
• JMJ Pregnancy Center volunteers needed: front desk reception; supply room manager (sorting/organizing donations/offering community resources); advisor (performing pregnancy tests, counseling women about options, offering education/consolation; Sonographer (must have ARDMS license or medical background) to perform limited non-diagnostic ultrasounds. Visit JMJpc.org, Ashley Cahalane, 407-839-0620.
Diaconate Discernment Nights: 6:30-8:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 26, Basilica of St. Paul Parish, Daytona Beach, and Thursday, Oct. 28, St. Catherine of Sienna Parish, Kissimmee. The Diocese of Orlando, Office of the Permanent Diaconate is calling on the Church community to bring forth reputable men, servants, filled with the Spirit, to discern a call to the permanent diaconate.